- The Geologic / Rock Record
- Age of the Earth
- The Fossil Record
- Cosmology and Distant Starlight
- Brilliant Design
- Genetic Similarity – Evidence for Evolution?
- Out of Africa, or Out of Eden and Babel?
- Creation Bibliography
- Creation Bibliography: Scientific Evidence
- Private: Creation Bibliography: Biblical & Historical Evidence
Please note: This page is totally under construction! The bottom portions are especially to be ignored (including the rough headings).
Creation Bibliography: Scientific Evidence
If you have not yet, please see the Creation Bibliography (Introduction) page for introductory information about this select bibliography. 
The Geologic / Rock Record
Featured But What About the Geological / Fossil Record?
If you only read a single article on the geologic record, make it this one. It presents powerful evidence for the total failure of uniformitarian geology, while a catastrophic world-wide flood fits the evidence extremely well.
- Book The Global Flood: Unlocking Earth’s Geologic History, 2nd ed., John Morris (ICR, 2014)
This is an excellent one-stop resource for understanding the Genesis flood, and how the rock-record is explained by this singular catastrophic event. Beautiful full-page color pictures make this easy to read, and it is packed with hard-hitting information. The Global Flood can be viewed as a vastly updated, but more of a layman’s version of, the the author’s own father’s groundbreaking but now greatly outdated book: The Genesis Flood.
- Geologic Evidences for the Genesis Flood: 6 Part Series – Andrew Snelling, AIG:
Very short and lay-level, six powerful evidences that support the Genesis Flood from the geologic record.
- The Worldwide Flood – Geologic Evidences with Dr. Andrew Snelling – Origins:
Snelling presents powerful geologic evidences for a world-wide flood. Many of the items covered in the short introductory articles above (Geologic Evidences for the Genesis Flood) are talked about here in more depth.
- Grappling with Megasequences, Tim Clarey of ICR, Acts & Facts. 44 (4), 2015.
This is just a short preview of some of the amazing work that geologist Tim Clarey of ICR is doing in the ongoing Column Project, where for North America alone some 500 drilling-core and outcrop samples from across North America have been mapped and combined in order to understand from comprehensive data how the flood progressed. The same work has been and is being done for other continents. This is such exciting work. I felt in my heart long-ago that a comprehensive mapping of the geologic data could fundamentally alter how we understand the flood, geologically speaking (and act as further testimony to the reality of the flood over uniformitarian geology).
- Technical Earth’s Surface Shaped by Genesis Flood Runoff by Michael J. Oard.
This three volume online book, split up into PDFs per chapter, is filled with color photographs, and is an amazing work of research and dedication to make available for free online. More people need to know about this. Oard shows powerful evidence for the retreating stages of the flood, when the flood waters scoured the earth as they ran back into the ocean basins. Below are three consecutive chapters (out of some 87) listed under the category “Catastrophic Erosion of the Continents”:
What about Sandstones: Millions of years of dry deserts?
Powerful evidence shows that sandstone rock layers were formed catastrophically, and that they are in fact underwater sand-waves, not desert dunes.
- Technical Technical “Intraformational Parabolic Recumbent Folds in the Coconino Sandstone (Permian) and Two Other Formations in Sedona, Arizona (USA)” (PDF) Whitmore, Forsythe, Garner (2015).
While this is a very technical article, there are beautiful pictures to observe for yourself, and the evidence strongly suggests that: “These types of structures can only be formed by strong water currents in a subaqueous setting. We base our conclusions on the following lines of evidence: 1) These kinds of structures have only been reported from subaqueous depositional settings (both fluvial and marine). 2) These kinds of structures have been formed in laboratory settings, but only subaqueously. 3) …”
- Another key paper behind this article is Technical “The Petrology of the Coconino Sandstone (Permian), Arizona, USA,” (PDF) by Whitmore, Strom, Cheung, Garner (2014)
What about Limestones: Millions of years of placid seas?
Extremely powerful evidence that limestones, such as the Red Wall Limestone in the Grand Canyon, were not formed by slow accumulation at the bottom of shallow seas, but rather quickly and catastrophically. Austin has discovered what may be the biggest kill event known from the fossil “record” to date. This presents hard-to-deny evidence that these layers represent monuments to a catastrophic flood event. This takes off the board one of the best supposed evidences for slow geologic eons.
- “Mud Flow Madness with Dr. Steve Austin” – Dr. Austin shares his ground-breaking discovery and research on the nautiloid mass-kill and burial event. He makes it easy to visualize how violent the flood waters were, and how they could have laid down the layers like they did.
- Technical “Nautiloid Mass Kill and Burial Event, Redwall Limestone (Lower Mississippian), Grand Canyon Region, Arizona and Nevada,” Steve Austin (ICC, 2013).
This paper unfortunately is not online at the moment, but it presents the research (very technical in nature) referred to in the video above.
The hyperconcentrated flow hydroplaned westward, probably out of southwestern Colorado, toward southern Nevada at velocity approximately 5 m/s across the carbonate platform in northern Arizona. A large population of living nautiloids was swept up, smothered within, and buried by the flow… – (Austin, ICC 2013, p. 80)
Catastrophic Plate Tectonics and the Flood
Some of this model was already covered in articles above, such as in But What About the Geological / Fossil Record? featured article. A nice presentation is given here by Paul Garner on the catastrophic plate tectonics model.
- “Embracing Catastrophic Plate Tectonics,” Tim Clarey, Acts & Facts. 45 (5), 2015.
- Technical “Catastrophic Plate Tectonics: A Global Flood Model of Earth History,” Baumgardner, Austin, Humphreys, Snelling, Vardiman, Wise. (1994)
This the foundational paper in which the Catastrophic Plate Tectonics model was presented.
- Two very technical papers presenting the CPT computer modeling results are as follows:
- Technical “Computer Modeling of the Large-Scale Tectonics Associated with the Genesis Flood,” Baumgardner, ICC 1994
- Technical “Catastrophic Plate Tectonics: The Physics Behind the Genesis Flood,” Baumgardner, ICC 2003 (ICR page)
- Technical 101 Questions and Answers Concerning Catastrophic Plate Tectonics. John Baumgardner
Geology explained by Unfathomable Catastrophic Events
The following articles are very technical, but they demonstrate that the geologic record is actually testament to an utterly upturned earth during a global catastrophe.
- Technical “Superfaults and Pseudotachylytes: Evidence of Catastrophic Earth Movements,” Clarey, Austin, Cheung, Strom, ICC 2013 (ICR page). Very technical, but powerful evidence for catastrophic earth movements.
- Technical “South Fork and Heart Mountain Faults: Examples of Catastrophic, Gravity-Drive ‘Overthrusts’,” Northwest Wyoming, USA,” Tim Clarey, ICC 2013 (ICR page).
- “Tight Fold and Clastic Dikes as Evidence for Rapid Deposition and Deformation of Two Very Thick Stratigraphic Sequences,” (ICR page) Austin, Morris, ICC 1986
Age of the Earth
- Featured 14 Evidences for a Young World, (PDF) Russ Humprheys
This is a classic, very short article that quickly links to 14 strong evidences for a young world. From Not enough mud on the sea-floor, and Not enough salt in the seas, to Fast decay of earth’s magentic field, and Galaxies winding up too quickly (their fine-structure should long ago have been wiped out).
- “101 evidences for a young age of the earth and the universe,” Don Batten, CMI.
Batten takes this to 101 evidences for a young world. Just one example: “Erosion at Niagara Falls and other such places is consistent with just a few thousand years since the biblical Flood.”
- Book The Young Earth: The Real History of the Earth – Past, Present, and Future (Rev), John Morris, ICR, 2007
Earth’s Rapidly Decaying Magnetic Field Says the Earth is Young
- Featured “Earth’s Rapidly Decaying Magnetic Field Says the Earth is Young,” Nicholas Petersen
- Technical “The Creation of Cosmic Magnetic Fields,” (PDF) Russ Humphreys
Radiometric Dating & the RATE Project
As you see above, radiometric dating is not the only way to “date” the earth. Even so, Uranium-lead, carbon 14, potassium-argon, and other such radiometric dating schemes do produce results that present a significant objection to the claims of a young earth. The RATE project, sponsored by ICR and CRS, was a major research initiative to find answers to this problem. The results strongly confirmed that there must have been periods of accelerated radioactive decay (probably during creation week and the Flood) which produced the ratios we see today, from Polonium halos (radioactive halos in rocks) to fission tracks. Only periods of extremely high radioactive decay could produce such results.
ICR has generously made these full research results available online for free! See the RATE 2 page (representing the RATE 2 book), and the earlier RATE I page (representing the earlier RATE I book). We will be giving some of the individual chapters from these below. Major thanks goes out to the researchers who through their skill and expertise, and above all, through their dedication and incessant sacrifice, brought this evidence out to the world, for any who have ears to hear.
Helium evidence for a young world & Humphreys’ Responses to all objections to date. (similar material in JoC 24.1 – 2010)
Adequately answering the objection presented by Uranium-lead ratios within zircons could be called the holy-grail for young-earth researchers, as far as radiometric dating is concerned. I’m glad to report, we believe we have found the answer: Helium daughter-products still remain within these zircons, at levels that would date these zircons to only 5 to 6,000 years old. It seems there were periods of accelerated radioactive decay during the creation week which caused the Uranium atoms to decay as much as they did, but the helium by-products still remaining within these zircons dates them precisely to the age expected for biblical creation.
- Helium objection by Old-Earth scientist Gary H. Loechelt is answered by Humphreys (JoC 24(3) – 2010) (see second part of page).
- Technical Young Helium Diffusion Age of Zircons Supports Accelerated Nuclear Decay, Russ Humphreys. RATE II, ch. 2 (ICR page).  Though technical, Russ is one of the clearest communicators you will find.
- Technical “Carbon 14 Evidence for a Recent Global Flood and a Young Earth,” John Baumgardner (ICR page).
“A remarkable discovery made over the past twenty-five years is that organic samples from every level in the Phanerozoic portion of the geological record, when tested by highly sensitive accelerator mass spectrometer (AMS) methods, display significant and reproducible amounts of 14C. Because the lifetime of 14C is so brief, these AMS measurements pose an obvious challenge to the standard geological timescale…”
- Technical “Fission Tracks in Zircons: Evidence for Abundant Nuclear Decay,” Snelling (ICR page)
- Technical “Radiohalos in Granites: Evidence for Accelerated Nuclear Decay,” Snelling (ICR page)
The Fossil Record
- Book The Fossil Record: Unearthing Nature’s History of Life, John Morris, Frank Sherwin (ICR, 2010)
This beautiful, full-page colored book, is one of the best resources dedicated simply to the problems posed by the fossil “record.” One graphic I greatly appreciate here is on page 41, where a pie-graph shows the true nature of the fossil “record,” which is that it is utterly dominated by sea-life! 95% is mostly shellfish (marine invertebrates & etc.), while less than 5% of the remaining fossil “record” is plant life, including trees and Algae. Less than 1% of the remaining fossils are vertebrates of all kinds.
- Dinosaurs in Marine Sediments: A Worldwide Phenomenon, Tim Clarey of ICR, Acts & Facts 44 (6), 2015.
Why are T-Rexes buried alongside … sharks (and other marine fish)?! The answer is: The waters from the oceans were catastrophically breaking forth across the continents, burying land-animals in the process … including even the mighty T-Rex. See also: “Dinosaur Fossils Found in Marine Rocks…Again,” May 2017.
- Dinosaur Train … Wreck! How Real Dinosaur Finds Testify of a Watery Mega-Catastrophe.
What are you going to believe more: Documentaries and child-cartoons that paint a totally unsubstantiated picture of the “world of the dinosaurs,” or the actual place we learn real facts about dinosaurs: dinosaur mass burial sites? These testify of massive watery catastrophe. And once again, they show dinosaurs were buried alongside sea-life.
- Dinosaur Fossils in Late-Flood Rocks. Tim Clarey, 2015 – Acts & Facts. 44 (2).
Powerful evidence is given here that explains how the dinosaurs could have survived the first stages of the flood, only to be buried in the later stages of the flood (thus in later flood rock layers)
- “The meaning of porous dinosaur eggs laid on flat bedding planes,” Michael Oard, JOC 27(1):3–4 (April 2013)
Dinosaur nests may seem to present a problem, how could these have been laid in the flood, when the dinos were buried in higher flood layers? The answer is actually very compelling that these were all dinosaurs on the run, running on already freshly laid sediment layers, as they these stampedes were running from the tsunamis of the flood that only gradually ended up covering the whole earth. The eggs were from pregnant momma dinos that had to lay their eggs in dures, and evidence shows they were quickly covered with flood sediments. How else would eggs get preserved? This is an example of a problem that turns into a great testament to the Genesis flood.
- Technical “Dinosaur Nests Reinterpreted,” Walter R. Barnhart, CRSQ Vol 41 No 2 September 2004
Cosmology and Distant Starlight
- “Ether and the Theory of Relativity,” Einstein, 1920.
- Featured “Can random molecular interactions create life?” Baumgardner, Petersen
- “Origin of life: An explanation of what is needed for abiogenesis (or biopoiesis),” Don Batten.
This is an excellent assessment of what is needed to build the simplest possible cell.
- “DNA’s Hidden Codes,” Georgia Purdom, 2016
Biology, Evolution, and Creative Design
Genetic Similarity – Evidence for Evolution?
Human Chimp Genetic Similarity
- Technical “The Chasm Between the Human and Chimpanzee Genomes: A Review of the Evolutionary Literature,” Bergman, Tomkins, ICC 2013 (ICR page)
- Technical “New Research Evaluating Similarities Between Human and Chimpanzee DNA,” Jeffery Tomkins, ICC 2013 (ICR page)
The repeated 98% similarity claim is found to be a blatant lie in the end. The article’s conclusion:
It is clear that a chasm exists between the human and chimpanzee genomes. The common claim that they are nearly identical is very questionable… Reported high DNA sequence similarity estimates are based primarily on pre-selected and pre-screened biological samples and/or data. In addition, data that are too dissimilar to be conveniently aligned are typically omitted, masked and/or not reported. Furthermore, gap data from final alignments is also often discarded, further inflating final similarity estimates. This highly selective process driven by Darwinian assumptions produces the commonly touted 98% similarity figure for human-chimp DNA comparisons. Based on human chimp genome data, a more realistic analysis of the data provided in published secular reports indicates that the similarity may be as low as 70% genome-wide.
Out of Africa, or Out of Eden and Babel?
Uranium Lead Dating and Helium
Uranium-lead dating “is one of the oldest and most refined of the radiometric dating schemes. It can be used to date rocks that formed from about 1 million years to over 4.5 billion years ago with routine precisions in the 0.1–1 percent range.” (wiki). One of the biggest challenges of this dating method to the young earth position is that it seems to be impervious to the typical shortcoming of original contamination. Here’s why, again according to wiki: “The dating method is usually performed on the mineral zircon. The mineral incorporates uranium and thorium atoms into its crystal structure [during it’s molten formation, during which time it] … strongly rejects lead. Therefore, one can assume that the entire lead content of the zircon is radiogenic, i.e. it is produced solely by a process of radioactive decay after the formation of the mineral. Thus the current ratio of lead to uranium in the mineral can be used to determine its age.”